OSS Retail Masters
TBC February 2020, Saïd Business School, Oxford
Course fee: £3,250 +VAT (course fee includes accommodation and all meals)
The Masters takes senior managers and directors beyond the day-to-day challenges of running a business and gives them the opportunity to develop new thinking and new strategies to tackle key issues including:
- The future retail landscape
- Positioning your business for success in an evolving retail world
- Leading your business to success
- Innovation and agility – the keys to future success
The 4-day intensive course provides delegates with full, unprecedented access to respected industry leaders and the forum to network with fellow executives from other retailers.
By looking at threats and opportunities, which they can profit from or protect against, the course ultimately helps senior managers become more effective business leaders.
Saïd Business School is an international award winning venue for executive development. The unique learning environment provides delegates with full, unprecedented access to respected industry leaders and retail professionals.
- The structure of the programme encourages delegates to look at things in a different way; to find their own creative solutions to high level strategic issues during the week.
- Experts are on hand to advise, including respected industry leaders and retail professionals, to whom delegates have full, unprecedented access.
- By looking at threats and opportunities, which they can profit or protect themselves from, the course ultimately helps senior managers to become more effective.
- Identify the emerging trends and have a clear view of the future retail landscape
- Make the right retail choices in an intensely, volatile and competitive market
- Understand which innovations to back
- Build a customer following in a world of disloyalty
- Lead your business to success through the numbers, making the right commercial decisions and engagement of your team
- Make the right strategic investments
- Implement innovations successfully
Programme Director & Leader
Mike Parkes, Senior Partner, Momentum Results LLP
Mike has worked with leaders in the retail sector for over 30 years, assisting them with their business challenges. He is the author of “Business Facilitation, an essential Leadership Skill”, numerous articles and has spoken at many conferences including The Leadership Imperative – Key Differentiator for Business Success (The Commonwealth Institute). He began his career with The Prudential, before moving into management development at Luton International Airport and then progressing to Tesco’s Corporate Management Development Centre. In the late 80’s, Mike moved into consultancy with Development Associates Group (a subsidiary of Deloitte), becoming Chief Executive in 1997.
In 2001, he created Momentum Development Ltd, now Momentum Results LLP and is currently working with Gap, VWG, B&Q and Primark. Other retail clients Mike has previously worked with include: Specsavers, Boots, Marks & Spencer, Dixons, Ralph Lauren and Tesco.
For more information click here
Dr Jonathan Reynolds, Academic Director, Oxford Institute of Retail Management, Said Business School
Jonathan is one of the leading academic experts in the study of retail in the UK and internationally. He teaches marketing and retailing on Oxford’s undergraduate, MBA and EMBA programmes, as well as on the Business School’s executive education programmes. He is also Deputy Dean of the Said Business School.
Jonathan is a member of the editorial boards of the International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research and the International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management. He is Editor of the Journal of Targeting, Measurement & Analysis for Marketing and most recently author of E-Business: A Management Perspective, published by Oxford University Press. He regularly features on television, radio and consumer affairs programmes. As Academic Director of the Oxford Institute of Retail Management he is actively involved with Oxford’s commercial clients.
For more information click here.