An exciting opportunity to help us develop the next generation of retail leaders, we’re looking to recruit a Head of Residential Programmes. OSS Retail was founded in 1923 and is a leading provider of high quality management development programmes for retailers. We are a subsidiary of bira, the retail trade association based in Birmingham which represents over 6500 independent retailers across the UK.
Job Title: Head of Residential Programmes
Reporting to: OSS Managing Director
Hours: Full time, 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Some overnight and weekend work is required)
Purpose of role
To manage existing client relationships and to introduce new companies to OSS ensuring that all residential programmes are at full capacity.
1. To proactively maintain existing relationships with participating retailers whilst developing new business to ensure continued support for the schools resulting in all residential programmes are at full capacity
2. To support development and achievement of the OSS business plan with regard to timescales and financials.
3. To deliver a full visitor attendance to each of the programmes.
4. To work closely with other senior management, service providers, members of the various boards and the Marketing Department
5. To participate in the various boards
6. To continually evaluate the school’s position within the retail service/ training market in line with competition
7. To meet all KPI targets which result in our sales budget and attendance targets at our residential programmes.
8. To continually make recommendations to the executive board on industry qualification standards including Apprenticeship Levy ensuring all programmes are of the highest quality for our clients.
9. To assist with maintaining the contact database and ensuring it is kept up to date
10. Actively support good communication practices within your work and promote and maintain good teamwork.
11. Be aware of and comply with the rules relating to your employment as detailed in the staff handbook.
12. Be aware of and comply with the Health & Safety regulations.
13. Be aware of and comply with the Fire Regulations.
14. To actively support the Equal Opportunities Policy of OSS
15. To carry out any other duties, consistent with the role, which may from time to time be required
16. To source new Group Directors by maintaining strong relationships with the company contacts. Ensure that a group director data base is kept so that past delegates that are likely candidates do not get missed
17. To maintain strong links with the Retail Trust, ensuring that the best candidates get put forward for the scholarships available. Take part in the selection panel for the three schools
18. Ensure all delegates are fully briefed prior attendance
19. Facilitate an effective visitor programme
20. Provide support to the wider OSS team
21. Ensure a comprehensive and constructive feedback process is followed with all companies to ensure continued improvement of the OSS experience.
22. Follow up and meet all visitors
23. Identifying examples of delegates success through our relationships and advise Marketing
24. Identify case studies for delegate selection
25. To liaise effectively with retailers to formulate a clear time plan from issuing the prospectus to follow up and confirmation of delegate bookings. To provide regular updates on confirmed places
- Proven experience of building business through effective relationship management
- Experience of managing training, people and events
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage own workload efficiently, multi- tasking to very tight deadlines
- Confident, friendly and professional with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Demonstrate tenacity to overcome problems and challenges.
- Good IT skills including practical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Ability to prioritise
- Full and clean Driving Licence
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required to fulfil requirements of role
- Previous attendance to an OSS programme is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a training or retail organisation.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 3rd August 2018.
For further details (including salary) and an application form, please contact Julie Elcock, HR Manager – 0121 446 6688 - email@example.com.