Oxford Summer School - Foundation Level
1 - 5 July 2019, St. Hugh's College, Oxford
Course fee: £2495 +VAT (includes 5 day programme, all meals and accommodation)
Send us your booking form prior to 30 November 2018 and the delegate fee will be held at £2295+VAT.
The aim of the Foundation programme is to develop the delegates understanding of their role as team leaders and the positive impact this can have on their business. By enhancing the vital skills necessary to successfully lead a team delegates can build their confidence as retail managers.
The programme provides leadership learning and an opportunity for delegates to reflect on their own approach to leadership and management whilst providing a greater understanding of their role and the impact that successful leaders can create.
Countdown to the school
It has been an amazing week...a truly great experience I would recommend to all in retail for further development.Seema Thakrar, Aurora Fashions
By far the most inspirational, incredible experience of my career so far whilst also giving me the opportunity to develop on a personal level.Kirsty Blyde, Harrods
A full on week which was eye opening! I feel I have learnt some extremely beneficial skills and can build on these at an early stage in my career!Sarah Abbot, B&Q
Amazing, inspiring, energetic and focussed throughout. All the tasks were well organised and impacted on the whole week!Alicia Dickenson, M&S
Who should attend?
- Trainee managers
- Department managers in stores and head office functions
- Store managers
- Develop self-awareness as a leader and manager
- Gain confidence in their ability to lead a team and create the conditions for effective team working
- Understand how to apply different leadership techniques to achieve the best results with their team
- Understand when and how to take a coaching approach with individuals and the team
- Be able to prioritise and achieve business outcomes effectively to improve productivity
- Set clear expectations for the team and communicate these effectively, enabling them to work together without supervision and achieve their objectives
- Develop their ability to focus on the customer’s experience and in response set achievable standards for service which support the drive to increase profitable sales
- Understand how to effectively lead a team through change l Increase awareness of wellbeing in the workplace
- Create a realistic action plan, enabling them to apply their learning from the Foundation Programme to generate improved personal and organisational performance and results